This recipe helps in keeping the body healthier. Known for their great benefits in Ayurveda, garlic, pepper, onions and soya help in keeping the cholesterol and lipid profile low. They are classified as healthier food in Ayurveda.
Serves number of person: – 4
Time for Preparation: – approximately 10 minutes
Time for cooking: – approximately half an hour.
Vital statistics: –
• Sodium – 2mg
• kcals – 60(252kj)
• Fat – less than 0.5g saturated from 1g of fat.
Required Ingredients: –
• Take 2 finely chopped spring onions
• Take 1 big red pepper is to be cut into 4 parts which is then cored and seeds are removed.
• Take 2 unpeeled garlic cloves
• Take Black pepper, preferably freshly ground
• 250 g or 8 oz soya yogurt for making dip
• Cut raw vegetables like tomatoes, baby corn, cucumber, carrots, fennel, snow pea, peppers, zucchinis and celery into batons.
Preparation Method: –
• For baking purpose, take pepper quarters and make them a little bit flattened to place on a sheet. Take garlic and then wrap it in a foil. Place foiled garlic on the sheet.
• Roast the above mentioned ingredients in a pre heated oven at 220 degree Celsius (425 degree Fahrenheit). While using gas, the mark should be 7 and is to be kept for 30- 40 minutes until it slightly turns the pepper blackened and makes garlic softened.
• You should then peel the upper skin of pepper, when it becomes cool enough to touch.
• Collect the inner flesh of pepper in a bowl.
• Now, take soft roasted garlic flesh and then squeeze them in the bowl.
• Mash the Pepper and garlic roughly with the help of fork. Stir this mixture in spring onions and a soya yogurt.
• Add seasoning to taste with pepper.
• Well garnished and served with vegetable batons gives elegance look.
Essential Tip: –
It is been proved by the research that daily intake of 25 g soya protein per day significantly reduces total and LDL cholesterol (the bad cholesterol) too. The prepared soya dip prepared will provide 2 g of soya protein.
The health benefits of this recipe include healthier heart so as to have improved blood circulation. For the people with high cholesterol and/or high lipid levels, this recipe is good one. Some also prefer taking this healthier dish to cut down the calorie intake and shed off the extra pounds from the body.