Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the SpiceFlair Forum is to continue SpiceFlair’s mission of sharing the unique cultural, social, and environmental legacy of India with the world. The forum is as an active community where members can share and learn about Indian culture, history, and legacy of the Indian culture and environment.
We adhere to the following principles:
- Respect-Taking the time to honor those who offer their time and words to help make the Spice Flair Forum great
- Open Communication & Dialogue-Sharing and exchanging ideas that will foster learning in a way that promotes free and creative expression.
- Value-Offering ideas, tips, and resources that enhance our member’s understanding and awareness of India
- Diversity-Celebrating and learning from the different perspectives and backgrounds that are part of our member’s lives
Your participation in the SpiceFlair Forum constitutes agreement to the following guidelines, which apply to posts, profile information, avatars, signatures, any other content on this site and participation in general. This includes private messages, which we have the ability to read, but only do so when a violation is reported to us or we have a legitimate reason. Although rare, it does happen.
“Posting” refers to contributing any content to the SpiceFlair website including text, video, web links and or photographic images. While we actively encourage posting in all areas of the site, our community of members and staff is obligated to protect them from abusive, disrespectful, or illegal activity.
We accept and encourage member contributions on the forum in the form of:
- status updates
We do not accept
- Excessive or inflammatory posts
- Posts of a purely commercial or advertising nature
- Personal or confidential information, such as house address or phone number
- Copyrighted information for which do not own the copyright or permission to post
- Vulgar, illegal, or illicit content that is suggested or depicted in any way
- Comments of a political nature or other divisive nature
Account Usage Policy
1. Each user is allowed to create one account. If you would like to change your username, please contact us and, most likely, we can do it for you while you can keep all of your profile data, posts, and other content.
2. Automated account creation, participation, and content scraping is not permitted.
3. If a user violates our guidelines and shows a disregard for them, our staff and our community, they run the risk of losing their account. We reserve the right to deactivate any account and to edit or remove any content without warning.
Use of Content
1. We know that people will have to leave our community (of their own free will or otherwise) from time to time and to that end, we do not delete accounts, posts, or other content posted on our community.
2. All content is granted to us with perpetual electronic publishing rights because any content posted on this community becomes a part of the community, even if you no longer are. You may request an item to be removed at any time, but we will decide when and if to remove content from our community.
3. If you wish to no longer be identified with our community, we will be glad to close your account and alter your profile information to remove all identifying characteristics. After account closure, you will no longer be able to participate in this community and this action is not reversible.
1. Moderators and staff members have the final say in regards to any matters. If you have a problem, you may make a complaint to them directly and not publicly on the website. Creating threads or posts that question or reference administrative decisions or potential administrative decisions, such as post removals and thread closures, is not permitted. We are not perfect and if you feel that we have made a mistake, please privately contact a staff member and we will review the situation. If you would like a copy of your removed post so that you can adjust it and repost, please contact us. As long as we wouldn’t prefer you to simply start over, we’ll be glad to send you a copy.
2. Whenever you are participating in this community, please keep in mind that we strive to create a fun, friendly and inviting atmosphere. So, please have fun and enjoy the forums!
Statement of Liability
Because of the live nature of the discussions on this community, it is not possible for us to review and/or confirm the accuracy or validity of a message before it is posted. If you believe that someone has violated our User Guidelines or you have spotted content that may otherwise require attention, please send a private message to me or a staff member with a link to the content and a brief description of what you believe is wrong. Notification is voluntary and anonymous, but in no case should a user respond to a situation personally, thereby aggravating the situation further. Responding to a violation in an inflammatory manner is a violation in itself and will result in appropriate action.
Any content that violates our User Guidelines will be removed. Interpretation of our guidelines is at the discretion of the staff.
Modification of These Guidelines
1. These guidelines are subject to change at any time. Notice will be provided to all members of these changes when they are made.
2. Do you have a question about our User Guidelines or anything else? Do you have a suggestion? Do you want to offer some feedback? Or are you experiencing some trouble with the site? Well, no matter what it is, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be glad to help in any way that we can.
Created: December 2012
Last Updated: December 2012