Detoxification is necessary as servicing the body. As you do it for your car, your body too requires servicing, periodically. You do it with grease and oil in car and here you do it with detoxifying diet. The body is just like a machine, according to Ayurveda where oiling is very much required. As for external oiling, we do it with various Ayurvedic oils in massage and for internal cleansing; the oiling is done with various herbs, vegetables and spices that serve as cleansing agents.
Ayurvedic detoxification can be done on daily basis so as to keep the digestive system intact. Healthy diet is always a part of Ayurvedic regimen as suggested in holy texts of Charaka Samhita and Madhav Nidana.
Let us learn here a simple yet effective Ayurvedic detoxification soup…
Ingredients required for Ayurvedic Detoxification Soup
• 1/2 cup of greens (chopped and tender)
• 1/4 cup carrot (preferably grated)
• 1/4 cup Brown rice
• 6-7 cups of filtered/clean water
• A pinch of black pepper powder
• 1 teaspoon cilantro (preferred freshly chopped)
• A pinch of cumin powder
• 1/4 cup beet roots (preferably cut into small pieces)
• 1 tablespoon of grated white radish
• A pinch of coriander powder
• Finely chopped ginger (1/4 teaspoon)
• Rock salt to taste
Directions for preparing Ayurvedic Detoxifying Soup:
Step #1: Wash the brown rice. Drain it after 3 minutes.
Step #2: Take a heavy-bottomed pot, put water and boil it.
Step #3: Add rice, said vegetables.
Step #4: Now add spices (ginger, cumin and coriander) to the boiling water. Stir it for once to mix well.
Step #5: Cover the vessel and turn the fire simmer for mixing it. Keep it for one and a half hour.
Step #6: The mixture is cooked now. Add rocksalt and pepper to it.
Step #7: Mash all the content against the inner walls of the pot using back of lade.
Step #8: Strain and dress with finely chopped cilantro (coriander).
Step #9: Serve Detoxifying Ayurvedic Soup hot.
Benefits of Detoxifying Ayurvedic Soup
1. It helps in detoxifying body tissues
2. It aids in digestion and hence restores the bowel movements
3. It increases the immunity naturally.
4. It’s good for eyesight.
5. Vegetable soup contains fiber and also provides needed nutrition.