Apricot and Pumpkin Seeds are known for their health benefits. The recipe is suggested by Ayurvedic doctors for those who have high cholesterol and lipid profile. The pumpkin seeds have properties to pacify kapha and hence is beneficial in plaques accumulated on the arteries of the heart.
The recipe is unique combination of fruits and herbs that make it healthier and delicious.
Serves number of persons: – 2
• 65 mg of Sodium
• 340 (1428 kj)of kcals
• 12 g of fat of which 1 g saturated fat is present
Required ingredients: –
• Take 1 tablespoon of raisins or sultanas
• Take 1 tablespoon finely chopped almonds
• Take 50 g or 2 oz of rolled jumbo oats
• Take 1 tablespoon of sunflower or pumpkin seeds
• Take 2 tablespoons of orange or apple fruit juices or can take water
• Take 3 tablespoon of soya milk, skimmed milk, soya yogurt or natural regular yogurt.
• Take 25 g or 1 oz ready to eat dried of finely chopped apricots
• Take 2 small sized first peeled and then grated eating apples
Method of preparation: –
Step 1: Take a clean bowl.
Step 2: Collect raisins or sultans, chopped almonds, oats and finely chopped apricots in bowl
Step 3: Add orange or apple fruit juices or can just add 2 tablespoon of plain water
Step 4: Peeled and grated apple is then added into the bowl and stir the mixture properly
Step 5: Sprinkle sunflower or pumpkin seeds as it should look like added seasoning or toppings
Step 6: Lastly decorate it with topping of soya milk, skimmed milk, soya yogurt or natural regular yogurt.
Step 7: For getting more soft textured preparation of muesli you could try to soak raisins or sultanas and oats in orange or apple fruit juice or in simple normal for whole night.
Vital tip: –
Magnesium, vitamin E, copper, arginine (essential amino acid) and folic acid are known cardio protective nutrients. Almonds are richest source of vitamin E among all the nuts. Vitamin E is an antioxidant and is believed to be playing a vital role in preventing the oxidation of LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein) cholesterol and hence lowering the risk of cardiac disease. Thus, almonds and other nuts may help to reduce the risk of heart disease.
Summary of health benefits: –
The recipe is likely to benefit in multiple health problems. Since it is mainly a kapha pacifier, it can be indicated in problems mentioned below…
1. Coronary heart disease
2. High cholesterol
3. High lipid profile
4. Congestion in heart
6. Pulmonary heart disease